Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sunday Sledding

Sunday after church I took a vanload of kids (including babysittee Delaney) to the Oberlin Reservoir for sledding. I had never been there but another family had suggested it and I drove past it on accident on Saturday.

I think it is my new favorite sledding location. It's less than a 15 minute drive, and the hill is big enough to be fun but not so big that it takes too long to hike back up. And the hill is wide (the entire length of the bank of the reservoir) so there are plenty of good tracks to sled down.

Someone had left a big hunk of cardboard, and Rachel was the first to try what I called an "old fashioned sled." She enjoyed it but said it was too bumpy. George really enjoyed it and called it his "paper sled."

As a bonus, we saw some people ice-fishing out on the reservoir itself.

No comments: