Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Dilema - Treating All Kids Evenly

In a recent post to my Weekends With Dad blog, I describe how Luke and I won free Cavs tickets. This has created a minor dilemma in our household.

Victoria is concerned, and rightly so, that Nathan (who is Luke's age and plays on the same basketball team as Luke) will be jealous that I am taking Luke to the game and not Nathan. Nathan has a father but he is currently in Oregon. The speak about once a week on the phone. He recently sent Nathan and Jacob a Nintendo DS game. But he really is not involved in their lives in any significant way at this time.

Is me taking Luke to the game being unfair to Nathan? What is the right way to handle things like this? I'm not really sure.

I will post more later when I have (hopefully) gained more insight into this issue. I just wanted to get it down in writing for now.

No comments: