Friday, May 16, 2008

AAA - Help on the Road and Beyond

But only 4 times a year!

We have been members of the AAA auto club for 4 years now. Wednesday night my dear husband locked his ONLY set of keys, wallet, and cell phone in his car when he stepped out to referee a soccer game. One of the coaches was kind enough to let him borrow a cell phone to call me for help.

I called the police first but they don't give that type of assistance in our city, so I called AAA. They have always come to my rescue so I was appalled to hear the woman on the phone offer to give me numbers to local garages who would COME AND TOW MY CAR for locksmith service. She then informed me that I would be totally responsible for all the fees as I had used up all of my service calls for the year already.

I was almost at a loss for words as I politely asked for information on purchasing a better plan that would cover all of our emergency automotive needs. The representative transferred me to member services where I was happily informed that we get 4 service calls EACH. So all Kevin needed to do was to call himself and they would assist him for free.

After dropping off the older kids at church, I stopped off at the field with my cell phone and AAA card. The tow truck came shortly after Kevin called and the driver successfully got into his car. He motored off to his soccer meeting in Oberlin none the worse for wear.

Only disappointment was that due to his delay, we missed out on the Quiznos Prime Rib Subs he usually picks up for us on these monthly meeting nights.

No comments: