Thursday, October 9, 2008

An apple a day...


It's Fall again in northern Ohio which means Apples!

George and I visited my Mother-in-Law a week ago last Monday and came home with lots of FREE, locally produced, ORGANIC, apples. They aren't perfect but the key word is FREE. AND the bonus is we get to visit Grandma and the cows on the family dairy farm. George got a kick out of watching them eat ground up corn cobs with molasses mixed in. Grandma's apple tree is weighted down with TONS of fruit so we planned to go back for more.

I made applesauce from most of the original apples and we planned to go back last Monday. Due to car trouble (really just some bad bulbs I was too clueless to figure out how to change...) we had to cancel. AND on top of the $100 we had to pay our mechanic to change our light bulbs, I was forced to pay green money for chemically treated apples at the store. "Sigh."

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hi Victoria, just stopping by your blog to say hello from cafemom. Hope you wil visit me too. I have 3 blogs here on blogger:) God Bless!