Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Thou shalt not steal" Exodus 20:15


To some extent, the rising incidence of theft in our community is expected. These are difficult times and people are getting desperate. What I don't understand and what pains me the most is being robbed by a "Christian". And I put that in quotes because these are just people professing to be Christian, only God knows their hearts and I'll leave that for him to decide.

Last month, on Wednesday night I was rushed leaving church and forgot to fetch my yoga mat from the school coat room. Sunday morning I stopped by to pick it up and was shocked to find it gone. First of all, why would you steal someone's exercise mat? With all their germs and sweat on it? But secondly, in a church? Despite my plea, it has yet to be returned.

More recently, a fellow child care provider I know from an online group, requested an item I had for sale on craigslist.com. She's a Baptist Sunday school teacher with a link to her church's website on her web page. She signs all her posts "Have a Blessed Day". I sent it media mail out to Columbus. She claims to have sent 2 separate money orders for the item, but I have neither.

Lesson (FINALLY) learned.

No comments: