Friday, December 10, 2010

oh, december

This is the first year in a long time I did not venture out on Black Friday.  I've done all my shopping so far online.  I just don't have the energy to face the crowds and the traffic.  This year has been one of such loss, combine that with the darkness that comes this time of year on the north coast and I'm not surprised at all at my lack of Christmas spirit.


I did manage to get the tree up and George and the daycare kids had fun decorating it.  Most of the ornaments are in the middle half of the tree, out of reach of the daycare baby, but none higher than they(George and the daycare kids) can reach.

Our pastor is preaching a series on an Uncommon Christmas.  That is so appropriate.  This is a very Uncommon December for me so far.

December is a month of birthdays in our house.  There's JESUS!! and then there's my dad, Kevin, Rachel, my mom, and Jacob.  With Em hot on their tails Jan. 2.

I got together with my sister to send an Edible Arrangement to my mom and dad.  Combo gift on the giving AND the receiving end.  They are both on Weight Watchers so they loved it.  It was just like the picture and so easy.  The store is less than a mile from their house so we had them pick it up to give them an excuse to get out of their cozy Villages cluster home and get some fresh air.

Rachel got her birthday dinner at Cici's Pizza a little early due to most of us being together and daycare clients canceling.   Em was the only one missing but she had been there a few days earlier on a date so she didn't miss too much.


Kevin had a nice steak dinner on his birthday.  Followed by white cake with homemade chocolate icing.  He was home late due to a community service project of Sherwin Williams.  They sponsor the kids at Barbara Booker Elementary School in Cleveland for Christmas.  Kevin helped deliver all the boxes of presents.

That's a lot of activity for December being only 10 days old.  There's lots of other changes in the works I'll get into soon. 

TTFN.

No comments: