Monday, August 18, 2014

my "old" man

(This post is in honor if my sweet father. The best compliment my mother gives me is when she laments, "You're exactly like your father!" I am so blessed to still have him here even if he is usually all the way down in The Villages, FL, that den of iniquity. He planned to assist us all summer long on our rehab but it didn't quite work out as planned when my mother dislocated her hip.)

My old man can wear a dust mask and frighten his granddaughter.
My old man can pick out wood that is straight with few knots.
My old man knows how to drill out a lock set with stripped heads.
My old man can parallel park a 12ft trailer.
My old man asks when he needs advice regarding tacking baseboards to structural terracotta.
My old man is particular about baseboards being plumb.
My old man can cart his youngest grandson to his baseball games and keep meticulous score.
My old man can fund a roof project.

My old man CAN NOT lift an 800 pound furnace and load it into a trailer.
My old man will not sand lead paint.

My old man will drop everything when his partner of 45 plus years needs him by her side.

I love you Dad.

No comments: