Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April Date: Cheescake Factory

Kevin and I have "date night" once a month. I know that probably doesn't seem like much to those of you without a large family but this takes a lot of effort and I am very grateful for it.

He had been given a gift card to Cheesecake Factory for appreciation from one of his player's parents. We also had two $25 Frank and Pauly's gift certificates from my sister for a Christmas present yet to spend. After discovering that Frank and Pauly's has closed for good, we went to the Cheesecake Factory.

He chose a steak that came with french fries AND onion rings. The cook was kind enough to sub extra fries for his unwanted rings. I got the Steak Diane and couldn't have been more pleased with it. It came with a big mound of mashed red skin potatoes. I took at least a third home and still had no room for dessert. I couldn't even be tempted by Kevin's Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake dessert. He had every bite all to himself.

I encourage you to try date night with your spouse. It's especially important in large step families where the marriage relationship often takes a real beating.

No comments: