Wednesday, April 20, 2011

bridesmaid adventures part two

My invitation to the wedding shower I am helping to host arrived in the mail last weekend.  We got word from the matron of HONOR (i.e. head bridesmaid) that 105 invites went out.  Yes, you read that correctly. 

one.  hundred.  and.  five.

Not at all the "intimate gathering of the bride's closest friends and relatives" Miss Manner's suggests. 

One other bridesmaid and I are in charge of favors. 

Since the wedding is a beach theme, we wanted to do a message in a bottle favor.  A small plastic bottle with a rolled up paper in it with the happy couple's names and wedding date.  We were going to toss in a few small shells and a teaspoon of sand.

Now we are doing jordan almonds wrapped in tulle.  And I'm thankful I'm not in charge of the food.  How would I ever be able to afford my lovely strapless pool colored dress if I was?  And the Spanx I need to hold my assets in?

No comments: