Monday, December 8, 2008

The Christmas Slippers


At the beginning of the advent season, our pastor talked about the real meaning of Christmas; Love.

God is the source of all love and His love is made complete when we love like Christ. As Christians, we are to represent the love of Christ to the world. Or as he put it....re-PRESENT. The presents we give at Christmas should be a representation of the love of God poured out through Jesus Christ. No one I know is better at this than my husband. He does a phenomenal job at showing the love of God. It's one of the reasons I have such deep respect and admiration for him.

He is a great gift giver. He is very thoughtful and always picks something appropriate. The first Christmas we were married my husband gave me a beautiful gray robe and matching slippers from Victoria's Secret. As you can see in the pictures the slippers have seen their better days. But they were a L-O-V-E gift. Their sentimental value alone makes it very hard for me to think about parting with them. Now it's going to be impossible.

No comments: