Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sling-Free

If you follow my running blog, I don't know why since I haven't run in months. But you would be aware that 3 weeks ago while playing basketball, I hurt my arm which ended up being broken. Surprisingly though, the doctor who saw me decided not to give me a cast.

I did have to keep my arm in a sling and refrain from driving or typing with that arm. I also was limited in that I was not to lift more than 1 lb. I could, however, take the sling off to shower.

Well, my follow up appointment was yesterday and I am now free from the sling. I can wear my coat properly for the first time in 3 weeks! My (left) arm doesn't quite straighten out all the way, but it is pretty close. I also am allowed to pick up "whatever I'm comfortable lifting".

My follow up is in 3 more weeks.

No comments: