Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Indecision

Upon my surprise county child care inspection this morning, day care boys(ages 7, 7, and 11) were promised an ice cream treat on the way home from the park today if they behaved.

I told them when we left the park they would have a choice from a vanilla cone, a strawberry sundae, or a chocolate sundae(nuts optional.) We got to McDonald's about 12 minutes later. They still had not made up their minds. One asked for a chocolate cone and another a shake. I patiently repeated their choices, then one complained I was rushing him.

When we finally left, I heard one griping that I didn't take them to Hershey's(a local ice cream store with about 50 flavors and at least 3 different kinds of cones.) I'm glad I didn't. We would still be there making up our minds.

No comments: