Thursday, January 13, 2011

teenage rebellion

A friend's status update in my FaceBook newsfeed this morning:

Jane Doe "is in the middle of teenage daughter rebellion years. But then I get word that an old friends son has stage 4 cancer and now everything is in perspective...."

I am thankful that God uses circumstances like this to adjust our outlook on things.  And I'm so very sad for this family.  :(  A family near our neighborhood has also recently been told they will be losing a child to this disease.  My heart breaks for all of them. 

Losing a child is the worst thing.  Beside that, everything else looks like no big deal.

Even teenage rebellion.

Looking back from the other side of my first experience with it, I wish I'd trusted in the Lord MORE and worried a lot LESS.  He loves my children more than I ever could. 

And I'm thankful that:
1.  as big the storm seemed at the time, my God is much bigger.
2.  it's a bit like the pain of childbirth, easily forgotten when it's gone.

No comments: