Friday, January 21, 2011

a visit from classic infulenza, type unknown

Poor Jacob has not left his bed since Monday.  He has been running a constant temperature from 101-103.  The strep culture came back negitive and since all the other symptoms of classic flu are there, that's what we're calling it.

In between the times when he is moaning for tea or more Ibuprophen, he has watched almost the entire first 2 seasons of "The A-Team" on my iTouch Netflix app.

I've been hearing people for years say, "I was out with the 24 hour flu," or "I had a touch of the flu." HA!  I am not sure what virus they had but it wasn't this!  Real ful symptoms lasts 7-10 days and comes with a high fever, headache, extreme tiredness, cough,  sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, and body aches (in Jake's case he can not lift his arms they hurt so bad.)  Vomiting and diarrhea don't even need to be present but is more likely found in children than adults.

No one in my house has ever had this before.  Now I understand how so many people die from this. 

Wash your hands, people!  It's flu season.  YUCK.

No comments: